IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING COVID-19 OUTBREAK
On March 11, the World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the risk and impact of COVID-19 to be very high and thus has characterized the current COVID-19 situation as ‘Global Pandemic’. As your safety is our top priority, we have decided to make new arrangements to ensure that ICOQSIA2020 still proceeds, albeit with the addition of some exciting new features. ICOQSIA2020 will be rescheduled to 13-14th October 2020 at Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM).
After much deliberation, we have agreed to conduct the conference virtually, as an alternative to the conventional oral presentations. In essence, two presentation modes will be offered to our participants: in-person presentation (in-house participants only) and virtual presentation. Moreover, two-way interaction between the presenter and the audience may be conducted live through online platform and chat room function. All registered participants must ensure they have sufficient internet connection during the conference period.
Please check for the latest fees and revised important due dates. Full registration fee covers the conference package, which includes:
- 8-10 mins presentation slot
- Technical support
- Program e-book
- Engagement with audience
- Access to other parallel slots
- E-certificate for presenter
- Evaluation by panel of experts
- Conference abstract e-book
- Scopus publication (accepted status)
As in all its previous assemblies, ICOQSIA2020 promises to inspire, uplift and enrich its audience, in spite of the challenges that we face in our battle against COVID-19. Do mark the dates of the conference in your calendar. We are looking forward to welcoming you to ICOQSIA2020 this October. Stay safe and stay connected.
Thank you for your attention.
WELCOME NOTE BY CHAIRPERSON
On behalf of the ICOQSIA2020 Organizing Committee, it is my great pleasure to warmly invite you to the 6th International Conference on Quantitative Sciences and its Applications (ICOQSIA 2020). This year’s conference which will be held on 13-14 October 2020 will continue its tradition in providing numerous opportunities for informal networking, consultation and research collaboration among academics, researchers and quantitative practitioners. ICOQSIA2020 will reflect on new approaches, future trends and challenges in quantitative sciences, with a general purpose in igniting new directions for future research and development in theories and applications of quantitative sciences.
This conference will feature reputable keynote speakers from industries and academia, and participants will have an opportunity to share, discuss, and dissect significant new developments and scientific advancements with various experts in the field of quantitative sciences as well as other related fields. Thus, this conference will be an impactful event which guarantees an invaluable, enriching and inspiring experience for all its participants.
To ensure safety of the highest level as well as ease of convenience for ICOQSIA2020 participants during this unfortunate uncertainties of the COVID -19 outbreak, this conference will be conducted via virtual presentation which will take place at Universiti Utara Malaysia.
Come and join us in making this conference a memorable event. We look forward to welcoming you in October 2020!
Professor Dr. Sharipah Soaad Syed Yahaya
Organizing Chair – ICOQSIA 2020
School of Quantitative Sciences
College of Arts and Sciences
Universiti Utara Malaysia
THEME & TRACK
The theme of this conference is “Navigating the Future of Quantitative Sciences“. All accepted papers will be published in Scopus-indexed or refereed journal related to numerous analytical areas. Scopes of paper include, but are not limited to the following topics:
- Control Theory
- Dynamical System and Chaos
- Fluid Dynamics
- Fuzzy Theory
- Game Theory
- Graph Theory
- Linear and Multilinear Algebra
- Mathematical Actuary
- Mathematical Engineering
- Mathematical Finance
- Mathematical Models
- Mathematics of Computing
- Number of Theory
- Numerical Analysis
- Simulation and Modelling
- Numerical Methods
- Ordinary Differential Equation
- Partial Differential Equation
- Risk Management
- Business Statistics
- Econometric Modelling
- Multivariate Statistical Techniques
- Nonparametric Statistics
- Probability and Distribution Theory
- Probability and Stochastic Process
- Quality Control
- Robust Statistics
- Statistical Modelling
- Supply Chain
- Sustainable Science
- Statistical Quality Control & System
- Statistics Education
- Survival Analysis
- Applied Computing
- Applied Game Theory
- Cloud Computing
- Communication Networks and Security
- Data Science
- Decision Support System
- Digital Communication and Online Communities
- Health Sciences
- Information Systems
- Multi-Criteria Decision Making
- Optimization Techniques
- System Dynamics Optimization
Please prepare your manuscript using the following guidelines:
- Participants need to submit their abstract/ full papers for evaluation before they are allowed to present their papers at ICOQSIA 2020.
- Please prepare your abstract using the following template: Link to Abstract Template.
- The full paper must be at least 8 pages. Please prepare your full paper using the following template: Link to Full Paper Template
- The full paper must be submitted in English.
- The full paper must be original, have not been presented or submitted to any other conferences, and have not been published in any journal, or under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The full paper must be submitted in MS Word through EasyChair System. Please refer to the instruction in SUBMISSION THROUGH EASYCHAIR below.
- In order for the abstract and authors’ names for each paper to be included in the programme and abstract books, at least one author for each accepted paper must register and pay the fees for the conference by 15 July 2020. By submitting a paper to present at ICOQSIA 2020, you explicitly agree that you will definitely have a fund and shall register for the conference.
Submission through EasyChair
- Sign up for an EasyChair account at the EasyChair website: https://easychair.org/account/signup. If you have used EasyChair before, skip this step and proceed to step 2.
- Please click the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icoqsia2020, and login using your EasyChair account username and password.
- Click on the “New Submission” link in the top-left corner of the menu.
- Fill in the names, affiliations, postal and email addresses of all co-authors and indicate the presenting and corresponding authors. All these fields are mandatory.
- Enter the title and abstract in the provided text areas. Note that only plain (ASCII) text is accepted in these fields.
- Provide at least 3 (and up to 5) keywords that describe your paper. Please enter one keyword per line. If more than 5 keywords are entered, the Program Committee may arbitrarily select those to be included in the final form of your abstract.
- Upload your paper. The paper must be in MS Word.
- Click ‘Submit’.
All accepted papers will be published in Scopus* indexed or refereed journals (*subject to the journal editorial board).
*Based on ACTIVE Scopus status during the conference date. For example, if the conference is held on August 2020, we will submit the paper to the Publisher with ACTIVE status in the August 2020 Scopus Journal Title List and not the upcoming list.
By registering and presenting at ICOQSIA 2020, Author/ Co-Author/ Participant(s) will be deemed to agree, understand, and accept the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Organizer has the full right to transfer or to change any article to any other ACTIVE SCOPUS journal that seems fit for all conferences WITHOUT Author(s) consent.
- Author(s) must make sure that their articles are original and have not been previously accepted in any journal or under consideration for publication elsewhere. Otherwise the article will be automatically rejected and no refunds will be granted. Organizer has the right to cancel any article for the journal that does not meet the submission guideline with/without the Author and co-author(s) consent.
- The Publishers have the right to reject any manuscript that does not meet or is not suitable for their journals. In that case, the affected Author(s) will be contacted for several alternative options such as moving the paper for publication with another Publisher, etc.
- Author(s) understand that all articles publication will be sent to SCOPUS-indexed journal based on ACTIVE SCOPUS status during submission date of the article to the journal’s publisher.
- The Organizer has no control over indexing of journal in the SCOPUS database. Therefore, after the submission to the Publisher, we do not take any responsibilities for the indexing coverage of the published articles in the SCOPUS database.
- Author(s) understand perfectly that the publication of the articles will take AT LEAST 9 – 15 months from the conference date. It can be higher than the mentioned duration (more than 15 months) if the queue for publication is long at the Publisher’s side. However, we will try our best to make sure that the publication will take place in the nearest future.
- If the article requires a copyright, the copyright form must be signed and submitted to the Organizer or Publisher.
- Should there be any correction to be made, we will contact all authors through email. Always ensure that the registered email is active. Any no-reply or no-response to the said email will result in publication delay and article rejection.
- Access to the Publisher database will not be provided by the Organizer. Author(s) must use their institution subscription for the access. Hardcopy or softcopy version will never be provided by the Organizer UNLESS the Publisher provided it for FREE.
IMPORTANT DATES (EXTENDED)
|Full Paper Submission Deadline|
|Acceptance Notification to Authors|
|Early Bird Deadline|
CONFERENCE FEES (in MYR)
|Description||Normal Rates||Early Bird & Student Rates|
|Presenter (inclusive of publication fees in Scopus Journal)|
|Presenter (inclusive of publication fees in Refereed Journal)|
|Presenter (without publication – abstract only)|
|Additional Paper (Scopus Journal Publication)||1,950||–|
|Additional Paper (Refereed Journal Publication)||700||–|